Sunday, December 31, 2006

Never-ending story

So i went back to Kemaman for raya haji. Ate lots of food and did some visiting. Meeting my aunties and uncles are always "interesting", especially if i have to answer their never-ending question of marriage. I've been asked this so many times today (they just won't give up asking!) that i can compile their questions here and my standard reactions. Here goes:

Question: Bila lagi nak kawin?
Reaction: Usually i just give a shrug and smile, but if they are persistant i would say "tak dok seng", but that is usually follwed by "Hish, tak kan engineer tak dok seng!"

Question: Bila lagi nak habiskan zaman bujang?
Reaction: Entah, tak habis-habis pun lagi.

Question: Bila nak kawin? - from me mom
Reaction: Mak sponsorlah. - (She would just drop the subject at this point.)

Question: Rugi tau tak kawin awal
Reaction: Smile (dalam hati: yeah, i know. And i know you're referring to the sex. Give me the money and i'd be happy to find a mail order bride so that i won't be missing what you're having)

And today, me mom again mention some girl for me to consider.

Me mom: Hari tu mak jumpa Mona. Ingat tak Mona tu?
Me: Who the hell is Mona?
Me mom: Alah, yang tumpang sekali masa mu tuisyen dulu.
Me: Huh??
Me mom: Dia dah kawin dulu, tapi laki dia mati. Anak dah dua.
Me: Huh?? WTF?

I then got up and went for a ciggy with my auntie.

No comments: