Monday, July 09, 2007

The Delegator

tr.v. (-gāt') del·e·gat·ed, del·e·gat·ing, del·e·gates
- To authorize and send (another person) as one's representative.
- To commit or entrust to another: delegate a task to a subordinate.
- Law: To appoint (one's debtor) as a debtor to one's creditor in place of oneself.

I have a delegator in the office. He looves to delegate most, well - almost all - of his work to everyone in the office. Sometimes I wonder what he does everyday.

Today, while I was in training in town, I got a call from office and the delegator said "Apsal gi training? Banyak keje kat ofis ni" and asked me to return to office if the training 'tak penting'. Which translates "Who's gonna do my work?". Before I left for the weekend, I have finished all of MY work that are within my control, so there should be no question me leaving for the training. Totally ruined my day.

So, do you have a delegator in your office? Do you usually ignore phone calls from office when on training or holiday? Should I?

No comments: