Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Thou shalt not speak

I'm a believer in the Dilbert Principle. Having read the books, i sincerely believe that all Top Management have read Dogbert's Top Secret Management Handbook.
Case point:
I recently found out that the building i'm working in will be demolished. To make matter worse, my boss said we will be working in a cabin. Being me, i expressed my "unhappiness" - in a subtle way- of that decision in the appraisal session (which has a story on its own). The next day my boss e-mailed me saying that i will be in charge of acquiring a new building for the section and prepare all the necessary documents, presentation paper, getting the budget, presenting to the management and "defending the paper if necessary". So people, remember: The management deals with whiners by getting them in charge of the things they complain about. Serves me right for not keeping my mouth shut.

No comments: