Monday, March 20, 2006

Teaming for Global Championship

I'm off to Cherating again tomorrow. Apparently i was elected (selected?) by my boss as the leader/Project Manager in organising my department's Team Building - which is ironic because the thing i hate most is attending Team Buildings. Just the thought of climbing trees and going through obstacle courses seems too much of a work for me. Too much of a reminisce of the horrid experience i had during Orientation Week before joining my University. (And that is why i didn't put any Obstacle Course or anything of that sort in the program)

The first session was two weeks ago (we're doing 2 sessions because the large number of staff and some work in shifts - a bit complicated to explain; alright, i'm just too lazy to explain). The first session went OK; i think.
Luckily, we're allowed to engage a consultant to handle the activities. And they did quite a good job considering the limited time they had. So what's our job? Basically, my team ensures the event went smoothly. My favourite part of this Team Building is that the committee need not to take part in the activities!
However, i'm constantly stressed throughout the event because i'm afraid the participants might think the event sucks. You see, I have this constant need to please everybody, despite being told by my committee "you can't please everybody - we try our best".
I'll post some pictures from the event later - in the mean time, i'm looking forward to the BBQ dinner (again). Can't wait to have the lasagna (sorry Dr Atkins: just for another week...).

No comments: